This program is designed for the new and experienced lawyers, accountants, and paralegals and for the experienced estate and trust lawyer who wishes to brush up on her or his skills. The program examines key concepts in estate administration such as deductions vs credits, 1041’s vs 706 and advanced estate administration for estates with assets in excess of $1M, taxable estates on either for the federal or state level, estates with property in multiple states, and estates where assets are owned overseas. The program also discusses handling and management of real estate owned by the decedent, and use of alternative valuation dates, in such sales.
Articles and Publications
- Business Maintenance Requirements in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia
- Understanding the IRS’s New Approach to Gifts Made to Irrevocable Trusts | JDKatz, P.C. | Estate Planning Attorneys in Maryland
- Designating IRA Beneficiaries & Using Trusts as Beneficiaries of IRA’s | JDKatz, P.C. | Maryland & Washington D.C. Estate Planning Attorneys
- Estate Planning Practice 101 | JDKatz, P.C. | Montgomery County Estate Planning Attorneys
- Understanding the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017 | JDKatz, P.C. | Bethesda, MD Tax Attorneys
- The Stretch IRA Trust –from Conundrum to Opportunity