This program is designed for the new and experienced lawyers, accountants, and paralegals and for the experienced estate and trust lawyer who wishes to brush up on her or his skills. The program examines key concepts in estate administration such as deductions vs credits, 1041’s vs 706 and advanced estate administration for estates with assets in excess of $1M, taxable estates on either for the federal or state level, estates with property in multiple states, and estates where assets are owned overseas. The program also discusses handling and management of real estate owned by the decedent, and use of alternative valuation dates, in such sales.
Articles and Publications
- Caveat Filings in Maryland: An Overview
- “The importance of determining a child’s home state” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- Shipwrecked: Navigating the Turbulent Tides from Medicare to Medicaid
- Married with Long-Term Care Needs? How to Win Medicaid Approval as a Team
- The Maryland Medicaid Long-Term Care Program and How to Apply for Benefits
- A Comprehensive Guide for U.S. Citizens Inheriting Assets from Abroad