This program is designed for the new and experienced lawyers, accountants, and paralegals and for the experienced estate and trust lawyer who wishes to brush up on her or his skills. The program examines key concepts in estate administration such as deductions vs credits, 1041’s vs 706 and advanced estate administration for estates with assets in excess of $1M, taxable estates on either for the federal or state level, estates with property in multiple states, and estates where assets are owned overseas. The program also discusses handling and management of real estate owned by the decedent, and use of alternative valuation dates, in such sales.
Articles and Publications
- “Opening the door to de facto parenthood” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- “Kanye West, marital agreements and social media” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- “Legal planning for posthumous parenthood” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- Attorney Jeffrey Katz Speaks with WTTG Regarding the Increase in Millennials Creating Wills
- Attorney Jeffrey Katz Interviewed in The Daily Record Article, “COVID-19 spurs interest in financial, retirement and estate planning”
- “How dementia can complicate divorce cases in Maryland” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.