This program is designed for the new and experienced lawyers, accountants, and paralegals and for the experienced estate and trust lawyer who wishes to brush up on her or his skills. The program examines key concepts in estate administration such as deductions vs credits, 1041’s vs 706 and advanced estate administration for estates with assets in excess of $1M, taxable estates on either for the federal or state level, estates with property in multiple states, and estates where assets are owned overseas. The program also discusses handling and management of real estate owned by the decedent, and use of alternative valuation dates, in such sales.
Articles and Publications
- What to Do When Clients Want to Postpone/Cancel or Get a Refund Due to the Pandemic | By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq. and Jared Stape
- What Maryland’s New Parenting Plan Means for You and Your Children | By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq., with Claire Kretschmer, Law Clerk
- I have a Judgment; Now How do I Enforce and Collect? By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- “To Increase Diversity, Cultivate Mentorships” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq. and Isabella C. Demougeot, Esq.
- “HIPAA & The Workplace” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq. & Isabella C. Demougeot, Esq., With Maria Stratienko
- Elizabeth J. McInturff: Important Implications of Md.’s Augmented Estate Law