The probate process can be a stressful experience for many family members. The reality of losing a loved one can couple with a myriad of tasks and conflicts that may prove to be a lot to handle. When …Read More
Bethesda Elder Service
Asset Protection and Elder Law Attorneys
As the U.S. population gets older, the cost of long-term care has become a major factor in many people’s financial planning decisions. An experienced elder law attorney can help you ensure that your assets and your family are protected to the greatest extent possible.
At JDKatz: Attorneys at Law, our team of knowledgeable estate planning attorneys and professionals have many years of experience helping clients understand their options and implement sophisticated elder planning strategies. Our services in this area include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advising clients on Medicare and Medicaid rules
- Identifying and addressing “problem assets” for Medicaid
- Helping families apply for Medicaid and appeal Medicaid denials
- Reviewing nursing home, assisted living, and continuing care contracts
- Reviewing long-term care insurance contracts
- Drafting caregiver agreements, leases, and promissory notes
- Assisting with retitling strategies for asset protection
- Establishing and administering guardianships and conservatorships
Without proper planning, a lifetime of savings can quickly evaporate. The development of a well thought out strategy, taking into consideration federal and state laws as well as county practices and policies is crucial to successful asset preservation and Medicaid planning. Our elder attorneys specialize in navigating this complex process.
In addition to our highly qualified tax attorneys, our firm also employs a former hospital administrator with a Master’s degree in public health. We have the resources and experience to guide you and your family through the elder planning process.
From our convenient locations in Bethesda and downtown Washington, D.C., we represent clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond. Call us at (301) 605-1243 or (202) 765-0893 to schedule a consultation with an experienced Bethesda elder law attorney.