Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq., of JDKatz, P.C., recently wrote a guest column in The Daily Record. She explains how the state of Maryland deems a parent’s sexual orientation irrelevant when making adoption and custody determinations. Though, there is still the question of how a minor child’s sexual orientation or gender identity may play a role in these proceedings. Elizabeth remarks that the court’s and parents’ primary concern should be protecting their child from harm, including if it is being perpetuated by a parent. To learn more about this, click on the picture below.
Articles and Publications
- SBA-8A Updates for Program Eligibility
- “Proposed retirement changes and spousal protection” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- Recent Changes to Power of Attorney Laws in Maryland
- Powers of Attorney in Maryland: A Legal Tool for Healthcare and Financial Decisions
- What are the elements of an estate plan most commonly sought by Montgomery County, Maryland Residents?
- How to Find the Best Estate Planning Attorney Near You