Every individual’s decision-making process is guided in some measure by the basic principle that with every decision comes a consequence. Generally speaking, actions that comply with the applicable laws of a particular state afford the complying individual the protections provided by the laws of that state, such as police protection, infrastructure maintenance, and public schooling for children. Conversely, failure to abide by the laws of a state generally results in punishment, ranging from fines to imprisonment. However, policymakers in most states are challenging that time-honored principle when they adopt and implement tax amnesty programs.
Articles and Publications
- Business Maintenance Requirements in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia
- Understanding the IRS’s New Approach to Gifts Made to Irrevocable Trusts | JDKatz, P.C. | Estate Planning Attorneys in Maryland
- Designating IRA Beneficiaries & Using Trusts as Beneficiaries of IRA’s | JDKatz, P.C. | Maryland & Washington D.C. Estate Planning Attorneys
- Estate Planning Practice 101 | JDKatz, P.C. | Montgomery County Estate Planning Attorneys
- Understanding the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017 | JDKatz, P.C. | Bethesda, MD Tax Attorneys
- The Stretch IRA Trust –from Conundrum to Opportunity