Bloomberg BNA – A higher estate tax exemption recently enacted in Maryland under H.B. 739 will likely stem the flow of retirees moving out of the state, Maryland’s comptroller and an estate planning attorney recently told Bloomberg BNA. Maryland was among the worst states for retirement in a list Forbes magazine compiled last year. One of the reasons for this was the state’s estate tax, which Mary- land’s comptroller and an estate planning attorney said they believe is driving retirees from the state.
Articles and Publications
- What to Do When Clients Want to Postpone/Cancel or Get a Refund Due to the Pandemic | By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq. and Jared Stape
- What Maryland’s New Parenting Plan Means for You and Your Children | By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq., with Claire Kretschmer, Law Clerk
- I have a Judgment; Now How do I Enforce and Collect? By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- “To Increase Diversity, Cultivate Mentorships” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq. and Isabella C. Demougeot, Esq.
- “HIPAA & The Workplace” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq. & Isabella C. Demougeot, Esq., With Maria Stratienko
- Elizabeth J. McInturff: Important Implications of Md.’s Augmented Estate Law