Bloomberg BNA – A higher estate tax exemption recently enacted in Maryland under H.B. 739 will likely stem the flow of retirees moving out of the state, Maryland’s comptroller and an estate planning attorney recently told Bloomberg BNA. Maryland was among the worst states for retirement in a list Forbes magazine compiled last year. One of the reasons for this was the state’s estate tax, which Mary- land’s comptroller and an estate planning attorney said they believe is driving retirees from the state.
Articles and Publications
- “Opening the door to de facto parenthood” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- “Kanye West, marital agreements and social media” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- “Legal planning for posthumous parenthood” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- Attorney Jeffrey Katz Speaks with WTTG Regarding the Increase in Millennials Creating Wills
- Attorney Jeffrey Katz Interviewed in The Daily Record Article, “COVID-19 spurs interest in financial, retirement and estate planning”
- “How dementia can complicate divorce cases in Maryland” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.