Bloomberg BNA – A higher estate tax exemption recently enacted in Maryland under H.B. 739 will likely stem the flow of retirees moving out of the state, Maryland’s comptroller and an estate planning attorney recently told Bloomberg BNA. Maryland was among the worst states for retirement in a list Forbes magazine compiled last year. One of the reasons for this was the state’s estate tax, which Mary- land’s comptroller and an estate planning attorney said they believe is driving retirees from the state.
Articles and Publications
- Understanding the IRS’s New Approach to Gifts Made to Irrevocable Trusts | JDKatz, P.C. | Estate Planning Attorneys in Maryland
- Designating IRA Beneficiaries & Using Trusts as Beneficiaries of IRA’s | JDKatz, P.C. | Maryland & Washington D.C. Estate Planning Attorneys
- Estate Planning Practice 101 | JDKatz, P.C. | Montgomery County Estate Planning Attorneys
- Understanding the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017 | JDKatz, P.C. | Bethesda, MD Tax Attorneys
- The Stretch IRA Trust –from Conundrum to Opportunity
- Captive Insurance & Organizational Risk Management: Issues & Solutions—the tip of the iceberg