Bloomberg BNA – A higher estate tax exemption recently enacted in Maryland under H.B. 739 will likely stem the flow of retirees moving out of the state, Maryland’s comptroller and an estate planning attorney recently told Bloomberg BNA. Maryland was among the worst states for retirement in a list Forbes magazine compiled last year. One of the reasons for this was the state’s estate tax, which Mary- land’s comptroller and an estate planning attorney said they believe is driving retirees from the state.
Articles and Publications
- Caveat Filings in Maryland: An Overview
- “The importance of determining a child’s home state” By: Elizabeth J. McInturff, Esq.
- Shipwrecked: Navigating the Turbulent Tides from Medicare to Medicaid
- Married with Long-Term Care Needs? How to Win Medicaid Approval as a Team
- The Maryland Medicaid Long-Term Care Program and How to Apply for Benefits
- A Comprehensive Guide for U.S. Citizens Inheriting Assets from Abroad